The Huron Waterloo Pathways Initiative (HWPI) is kicking off the 2015 Community Support Campaign, in advance of our first major funding application deadline in early November. Here are six great reasons to support the HWPI with your tax-deductible donation today!
- Non-motorized pathways are a much safer alternative to biking, hiking, and walking on busy Michigan roadways.
- Broad community support is a must for us to compete for a portion of the state yearly funding allocated for transportation alternatives programs.
- Your donation will add to the matching funds HWPI must raise to even be eligible to compete for state funding.
- HWPI is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, so 100% of your donation goes toward facilitating, building, and maintaining new trails.
- You will play an important part in completing “The Loop” Regional Trail System, a proposed 44-mile circuit of new and existing trails connecting Dexter, Chelsea, Stockbridge, and Pinckney at its corners, along with Waterloo and Pinckney State Recreation Areas, and the Hudson Mills Metropark.
- Once the Border-to-Border Trail is completed, “The Loop” will be accessible directly from Ann Arbor.
Please share “6 Great Reasons to Support the HWP Initiative” with family and friends, and click here to become an HWPI Community Supporter today!