“The Loop” is a step closer to completion. Representatives from the HWPI, DNR, MDOT, Lyndon and Sylvan Townships have identified the first new trail segment for funding efforts and a preliminary engineering study which will begin soon. Learn about the HWPI Trail Development Zones and “The Loop” by clicking the map.
Within Zone A, this first new trail segment will:
- Begin at Werkner Road and M-52 in Chelsea
- Be built on DNR and MDOT properties
- Go north for 4.1 miles to Territorial Road and M-52
- Connect Chelsea to the Waterloo and Pinckney Recreation Areas
- Expand trail head facilities at the Green Lake Rustic Camp
- Expand access to the Waterloo-Pinckney Hiking Trail
- Include improvements to the existing M-52 trail crossing
- Provide access from Chelsea to the Waterloo Trail mountain biking system being built
Please learn more about HWPI pathway development efforts, sign up for our newsletter, and consider supporting the HWP Initiative on the Support Our Efforts page.