It’s time to get your athletic shoes out of the closet! HWPI has been selected once again as a charity partner of the Dexter-Ann Arbor Run. We seek community members like you to join the Border to Border Trail Race Team!
We are recruiting athletes, weekend warriors, casual joggers, walkers, and amazing cheerleaders to gather together to support the completion of the B2B Trail!
Now, more than ever, we see the importance of recreational trails in our communities that support physical and mental health, provide safer commuting options, benefit local economies, connect communities, and reduce our region’s carbon footprint. With fewer than 10 miles remaining to complete the trail, but some of the most expensive and complicated projects still to come, we need your continued support more than ever.
By joining the B2B Trail Race Team, you will contribute to a growing community of trail supporters who help spread the word about the importance of nonmotorized trails in our communities while having fun and training for a historical road race that runs along the future route of the Border to Border Trail!
We hope you will join us as we Run the River on Sunday, June 4th!
What will team members need to do?
- Register to run any DXA2 Run race distance scheduled for Sunday, June 4th.
- This year, the B2B Trail Race Team will be focusing on the half marathon, but runners can sign up for any distance (10k and 5k also available), be a virtual cheerleader, or choose to volunteer at the aid station on race day instead of running!
- Set a goal to raise $100 or more to support the Border to Border Trail
- Help spread the word about the Border to Border Trail and the importance of nonmotorized pathways in our communities via email or social media outlets. We will provide information about the B2B Trail and the Race Team to make it easy for you to share with your networks.
What will the team members receive for their effort?
- Invitation to the May 10th Trail Team pre-race gathering at Dexter-Huron Metropark
- Trail Team Nike tech t-shirt to wear on race day!
- Invitation to the post-race party at Jolly Pumpkin Dexter
- Team training opportunities to get you out the door and on the trail in April and May
- Bi-Weekly motivational emails and support from HWPI
- …and being a part of an athletic community that supports safe, nonmotorized pathways for all!
I’m in! How do I sign up?